Italian piano virtuoso and composer. In 1840 he was appointed by Rossini, then an Honorary Councillor of the Liceo Musicale di Bologna, professor for piano at the Liceo, a post he held until 1871. He composed a large number of works for the piano, especially noteworthy 3 Sonatas, and 2 collections of 24 Preludios, op. 23 and 69. He is buried at the Certosa cemetery in his hometown. At his death, he left his Erard piano to the Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna.